Each year T/F adopts a visual theme, and all festival art, including t-shirt designs, are inspired by or reflect that theme.
In 2024 the theme is The Human Paradox.
This year’s theme embraces the contradiction of True/False. The Fest exists to carve out space for nuance and complexity. With this theme, we attempt to hold multiple conflicting ideas at once and interrogate whether there can ever be one real truth. Humans must often exist in the in-between of contradiction, intentions and actions sometimes taking different paths, searching for logic to explain the illogical. Instead of passing judgment on inconsistency, we are reframing contradiction, looking towards the possibility in paradox and the expansion in the ability to exist outside of the expected.
- A walking contradiction
- Oxymorons (Cruel Kindness, Open Secret, Act Naturally, Alone Together, Genuine Fake)
- Cognitive dissonance
- Devil’s Advocate
- Satire and irony
- “Do I contradict myself? / Very well then, I contradict myself. / (I am large, I contain multitudes.)” – Walt Whitman
- The only constant in life is change
- The inherent fallibility of memory
- Doublethink / Indoctrination
- People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones
- To speak in riddles
- Same Difference
Submissions for 2024 are now closed. Applicants will be contacted by January 6, 2024.
Questions? email: [email protected]