Each year T/F adopts a visual theme, and all festival art, including t-shirt designs, are inspired by or reflect that theme.
In 2022 the theme is In/visible Villages.
With this theme the unseen is made visible, veils are lifted, and a newfound spirit is awakened. We take on a triple consciousness, performing acts of provocation, presence, and in/visibility. As always, we look to artists as the vanguard of discovery, partners in imagining new structures and broadening our collaborative spaces.
We invite artists of all flavors to contribute acts of radical placemaking – manifesting the links between communities and forming the physical presence of True/False.
At T/F 2022, we ask visual artists to investigate and reevaluate our surroundings and partake in a blending of entities in plain sight and sight unseen.
“The eye does not see things but images of things that mean other things.” — Italo Calvino
Dive deeply into the prompts and links below.
PROMPTS FOR ARTISTS:
- Imaginary friends
- “I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me.” —Ralph Ellison (The Invisible Man)
- Quantum Entanglement
- Liminal (in-between) spaces; what it means to shift between the invisible and the visible.
- Communal Fears (e.g. Claustrophobia, Agoraphobia, Megalophobia, Enochlophobia)
- Active camouflage/cloaks/cloaking
- Constructive interference
- Disguises. Costumes. Masked balls.
- What destroys a community? What rebuilds it?
The form to submit a t-shirt design is below. Submissions will be accepted through November 15, 2021. Applicants will be contacted by January 5, 2022. Accepted designers will have a choice of festival benefits or a small stipend.
Questions? email: [email protected]