THE BOONE DAWDLE
The Boone Dawdle brings together some of the best things in life — biking, music, food, nature, and film. It’s also a fun, outdoorsy way to show your support of Ragtag Film Society.
To dawdle means to take one’s time, to proceed slowly — and that’s a fine way to describe this lazy summertime expedition from our downtown Columbia home to the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport. Most of us will leisurely ride our bikes along the MKT and Katy Trails, finding intriguing Trailside Surprises along the way such as the Advice Machine, a trailside carnival, and many more–all accompanied by the sounds of busking musicians. (You can also choose to hop in your jalopy, or better yet, carpool to Les Bourgeois.)
Out at the Blufftop Bistro, before sunset, we’ll serve up a delicious local food picnic-style dinner (complete with beer, wine, and other drinks) and enjoy a concert. Once the sun has dropped, we’ll all kick back on the hillside to enjoy an outdoor screening of a new cinematic revelation under the stars, all while looking out over the Missouri River valley. Then its onto the buses and onto waiting out the days until True/False 2020.
The Mini Float Trip. Enjoy a 25-minute round-trip boat ride on the Missouri River with our friends from Missouri River Relief. Once you reach Katfish Katy’s on your bike, you’ll make your way down to the boat ramp, check your bike with our crew, then jump on a boat for a tour of the Big Muddy, which will include spectacular views of the limestone bluffs, eagles’ nests, and prehistoric artwork, as well as insider knowledge about the river imparted by the River Relief crew. The Float Trip is limited to the first 80 folks who purchase a ticket.
- 1:00-4:00 pm Bike Clinic by Walt’s Bike Shop at Flat Branch Park
- 2:00-4:00 pm Registration and bike ride departures from Flat Branch Park
- 3:30-5:45 pm Float trips depart from Katfish Katy’s (for Whole Shebang and Super Circle ticket holders who reserved a spot)
- 6:00 pm Doors open for the party at the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- 6:00-8:30 pm Dinner buffet open
- 7:00-8:30 pm Concert featuring Mesonjixx & Tristaño
- 8:30-9:00 pm Raffle drawing
- 9:00-10:45 pm Circus of Books screening
- 10:45-11:15 pm Q&A with Rachel Mason
- 11:00 pm-11:45 pm Shuttles depart from Les Bourgeois for Flat Branch Park
- 12:30 am Bike pick up closes at Flat Branch Park
(Schedule is subject to minor changes)
- 2019: CIRCUS OF BOOKS, dir. Rachel Mason
- 2018: THE GOSPEL OF EUREKA, dirs. Michael Palmieri and Donal Moshar
- 2017: STRAD STYLE, dir. Stefan Avalos
- 2016: CONTEMPORARY COLOR, dirs. Bill & Turner Ross
- 2015: BREAKING A MONSTER, dir. Luke Meyer, prod. Tom Davis
- 2014: AN HONEST LIAR, dirs. Justin Weinstein, Tyler Measom
- 2013: LUNARCY, dir. Simon Ennis
- 2012: THE SOURCE, dir. Jody Wille
- 2011: LAST DAYS HERE, dirs. Demian Fenton & Don Argott
- 2010: BEST WORST MOVIE, dir. Michael Stephenson
CIRCUS OF BOOKS
THE FOOD AND DRINK
Several of our favorite local producers will be featured along the trail and at the local foods picnic at the winery. Stay tuned for a mouth-watering menu.
We’ll be selling $5 raffle tickets (or 5 for $20) as a fundraiser for RFS. You will be able to put your purchased tickets towards the specific package you hope to win. We’ve rounded up lots of fabulous prizes – stay tuned for the full list, to come! Raffle tickets will be available from our Queens and at the bottom of the hill from our Bike Hops. Winners will be drawn starting at 8:30PM. You must be present to win!