Ragtag's Birthday Drive-In
SATURDAY AUGUST 15, 2020
Presented by LaBrunerie Financial and produced in partnership with Les Bourgeois Vineyards, Ragtag Film Society is bringing you a new shared experience with fun, food, and a film under the stars, all while staying safely distanced. The event is set for Saturday, Aug. 15 and is expected to sell out, so get your tickets early!
Guests will make their way from downtown Columbia to the beautiful Roby Farms property near Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport. Along the way, guests will be guided past interactive roadside surprises, such as community art projects, the infamous Advice Machine, and more – all accompanied by the sounds of busking musicians.
Upon arrival at the farm, guests will be guided into their parking space, served a delicious picnic dinner of local cuisine (complete with beer, wine, and other drinks,) and enjoy a concert before dusk. Once the sun has set, we’ll kick back and enjoy some birthday festivities and a screening of a classic Ragtag film. (age 10+ recommended)
RAIN PLAN: If Saturday is rained out, we’ll do the whole party on Sunday instead. In this case, participants will be notified via email by 1pm on Saturday. If inclement weather moves in on Saturday after the event has begun, we’ll still share a picnic dinner in our cars, but the film and concert will take place at Roby Farms at Les Bourgeois Vineyards the following evening.
5-6:30pm- Registration and departure from Ragtag Cinema, 10 Hitt St. Columbia, MO 65201
6:30-8pm- Dinner and Concert, Roby Farms near Les Bourgeois Vineyards
8:15-8:30pm- Birthday presentation
8:30-10pm- Film Screening
10-11pm- Closing and Departure
A Few Caveats
- Minimum of 2 people per car
- No RVs or commercial vehicles
- Guests will be directed to a specific space at the discretion of event staff, based on arrival time, pass type & vehicle size.
- Once parked, vehicles may not leave until instructed by event staff.
- Lawn chairs and picnic blankets are welcome.
- Film audio will be broadcast through an FM station which will be given at check-in.
- No engine idling. Guests may start their engine periodically to keep the battery fresh.
- Guests are responsible for removing any trash brought in or created during the event.
- We highly recommend staying at least 6’ away from others and wearing a face mask while not eating.
- No refunds or exchanges