Ragtag Film Society has been working closely with a team of public health experts to provide safe cinematic experiences since summer of 2020. Safety has always been a top priority for True/False and that continues to be true as we work to implement new protocols in response to an ever-changing landscape. Hosting joyful community experiences is imperative; doing so safely is paramount.
Vaccine and testing resources: Information about vaccinations and testing in Columbia and surrounding areas can be found at: https://www.como.gov/covidvaccine/
2022 Fest Health Policy
True/False is implementing the following mitigation measures for the 2022 festival:
- Masks and proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test will be required of everyone, and a third-party site (Fan Check-In) will be used to verify vaccination status, confirm test results, and streamline the check-in process (more details provided below).
- The number of passes available for purchase and seats available per venue have been reduced, including party and event spaces.
- Events that provide food and drink, (e.g. The Jubilee) will include a designated outdoor, masks-optional area where these items will be served and consumed. All events will have an indoor space available where masks are required and food and drinks will not be served or consumed.
- Food and drink will not be served in film venues with the exception of The Blue Note, which will allow for drinks downstairs only (masks should be worn while not actively eating or drinking).
- Masks will be required regardless of vaccination status for everyone attending or working the 2022 True/False Film Fest, including passholders, ticketholders, filmmakers, musicians, artists, other invited festival guests, staff, and volunteers, with exceptions made for performing vocalists, musicians, and speakers when physical distancing is possible. Individuals will not be permitted entry to films, events, venues, or other indoor festival spaces without a mask. For all outdoor events, masks are optional but strongly encouraged.
- KN95 masks will be provided by the Fest for all staff, volunteers, filmmakers, musicians, artists, and other invited festival guests.
- True/False Film Fest will require all staff and attendees, including passholders, ticketholders, filmmakers, musicians, artists, volunteers, and other invited festival guests, to be fully vaccinated or provide printed proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken a maximum of 72 hours before attendance. Audience members, filmmakers, musicians, artists, other invited festival guests, volunteers, and staff will not be permitted entry to our events, venues, or other festival spaces without said proof. True/False’s definition of fully vaccinated will follow the CDC’s definition, which does NOT include boosters. During outdoor ticketed True/False events, the same COVID vaccination requirements will be in place.
- Attendees who are vaccinated will be required to provide proof of vaccination via the Fan Check-In site—if using the site is not possible, proof of up-to-date vaccination status will be required in-person (original, printed copy, or digital photo of vaccination card).
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated attendees, including attendees with a valid medical exemption and children under the age of 5, will be required to take a PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours before entry to the festival (whether a passholder or ticketholder) and must provide proof of a negative result via our third-party app (Fan Check-In) or printed proof on-site. At-home COVID test results will only be accepted if results are from a medical platform and uploaded to the app. If not verified by the app, attendee must present a print-out of their results; digital proof will not be accepted. Note: if attending the entire festival or multiple days, attendees will need to provide negative test results more than once.
The 2022 theme —In/visible Villages— refocuses our awareness to the oft unseen connections within communities and the many complex invisible threads linking us all. Your continued support and trust means the world to us. Attending True/False Film Fest as a passholder or ticketholder requires abiding by the above policies.