Ragtag Film Society follows guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) when determining health precautions. Health precautions are re-evaluated regularly to adapt to the local transmission rates of COVID-19.
True/False is implementing a variety of mitigation measures for the 2022 festival, including:
- Masks and proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test will be required of everyone; more details about those policies provided below.
- A third-party app (Fan Check-In) will be used to verify vaccination status, confirm test results, and streamline the check-in process.
- The number of passes available for purchase and seats available per venue have been reduced, including party and event spaces.
- Events that provide food and drink, (e.g. The Jubilee) will include a designated outdoor, masks-optional area where these items will be served and consumed. All events will have an indoor space available where masks are required and food and drinks will not be served or consumed.
- Food and drink will not be served in film venues with the exception of The Showtime Theater at The Blue Note, which will allow for drinks downstairs only (masks should be worn between sips).
- KN95 masks will be provided by the Fest for all staff, volunteers, filmmakers, musicians, artists, and other invited festival guests.
Masks will be required regardless of vaccination status for everyone attending or working the 2022 True/False Film Fest, including passholders, ticketholders, filmmakers, musicians, artists, other invited festival guests, staff, and volunteers, with exceptions made for performing vocalists, musicians, and speakers when physical distancing is possible. Individuals will not be permitted entry to films, events, venues, or other indoor festival spaces without a mask.
True/False Film Fest will require all staff and attendees, including passholders, ticketholders, filmmakers, musicians, artists, volunteers, and other invited festival guests, to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations or provide printed proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken a maximum of 72 hours before attendance; proof of vaccination or negative PCR tests can be provided via our third-party app (Fan Check-In), or on-site. Audience members, filmmakers, musicians, artists, other invited festival guests, volunteers, and staff will not be permitted entry to our events, venues, or other festival spaces without said proof. True/False’s definition of “up to date with your covid vaccination” will follow the CDC’s definition, which includes any booster shots for eligible individuals. During ticketed True/False outdoor events, the same COVID vaccination requirements will be in place. For all outdoor events, masks are optional and strongly encouraged. Additional details outlining the specifics of what is required are as follows; note that these specifics are subject to change.
- Attendees who are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations will be required to provide proof of vaccination and any eligible boosters via our third-party app (Fan Check-In)—if using the app is not possible, proof of up-to-date vaccination status will be required on-site (original, printed copy, or digital photo of vaccination card). True/False’s definition of “up to date with your covid vaccination” will follow the CDC’s definition, which includes any booster shots for eligible individuals.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated attendees, including attendees with a valid medical exemption and children under the age of 5, will be required to take a PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours before entry to the festival (whether a passholder or ticketholder) and must provide proof of a negative result via our third-party app (Fan Check-In) or printed proof on-site. At-home COVID test results will only be accepted if results are from a medical platform and uploaded to the app. If not verified by the app, attendee must present a print-out of their results; digital proof will not be accepted. Note: if attending the entire festival or multiple days, attendees will need to provide negative test results more than once.
By attending True/False Film Fest as a passholder or ticketholder, attendees agree to abide by the above policies.
Vaccine and testing resources: Information about vaccinations and testing in Columbia and surrounding areas can be found at: https://www.como.gov/covidvaccine/
For more information, contact: Stacie Pottinger, RFS Director of Development & Communications: [email protected]