THE BOONE DAWDLE IS BACK IN 2021: SATURDAY, AUGUST 14
The Boone Dawdle brings together some of the best things in life—biking, music, food, nature, and film. It’s also a fun, outdoorsy way to show your support of Ragtag Film Society.
To dawdle means to take one’s time, to proceed slowly—and that’s a fine way to describe this lazy summertime expedition from our downtown Columbia home to the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport. Most of us will leisurely ride our bikes along the MKT and Katy Trails, finding intriguing Trailside Surprises along the way such as the Advice Machine, a trailside carnival, and many more—all accompanied by the sounds of busking musicians. (You can also choose to hop in your jalopy, or better yet, carpool to Les Bourgeois.)
Out at the Blufftop Bistro, before sunset, we’ll serve up a delicious local food picnic-style dinner (complete with beer, wine, and other drinks) and enjoy a concert. Once the sun has dropped, we’ll all kick back on the hillside to enjoy an outdoor screening of a new cinematic revelation under the stars, all while looking out over the Missouri River valley. Then it’s onto the buses and home: onto hanging out at Ragtag Cinema and waiting out the days until True/False!
RAIN PLAN: We anticipate that the bike ride portion of the event will take place rain or shine, but if the weather is predicted to be extreme, we may postpone the event. If we are rained out on Saturday, we’ll do the whole Dawdle on Sunday instead. In this case, we will inform all participants by 11am on Saturday; please note that we’ll inform participants via email and the True/False website and Facebook page.
- 1-4pm Bike Clinic by Walt’s Bike Shop at Flat Branch Park
- 2-4pm Registration and bike ride departures from Flat Branch Park
- 6pm Doors open for the party at the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- 6-8:30 pm Dinner buffet open
- 7-8:30 pm Blvck Spvde Concert
- 8:30-9pm Raffle drawing
- 9-10:45 pm Screening of The Neutral Ground
- 10:45-11:15pm Q&A with CJ Hunt
- 11pm-11:45pm Shuttles depart from Les Bourgeois for Flat Branch Park
- 12:30am Bike pick up closes at Flat Branch Park
(Schedule is subject to minor changes)
- 2021: THE NEUTRAL GROUND, dir. CJ Hunt
- 2020: WAITING FOR GUFFMAN, Ragtag’s 20th Birthday Party
- 2019: CIRCUS OF BOOKS, dir. Rachel Mason
- 2018: THE GOSPEL OF EUREKA, dirs. Michael Palmieri & Donal Moshar
- 2017: STRAD STYLE, dir. Stefan Avalos
- 2016: CONTEMPORARY COLOR, dirs. Bill & Turner Ross
- 2015: BREAKING A MONSTER, dir. Luke Meyer & prod. Tom Davis
- 2014: AN HONEST LIAR, dirs. Justin Weinstein & Tyler Measom
- 2013: LUNARCY, dir. Simon Ennis
- 2012: THE SOURCE, dir. Jody Wille
- 2011: LAST DAYS HERE, dirs. Demian Fenton & Don Argott
- 2010: BEST WORST MOVIE, dir. Michael Stephenson
THE FOOD AND DRINK
Several of our favorite local producers will be featured along the trail and at the local foods picnic at the winery. A huge thanks to our dear culinary contributors, our partners in feasting: Backyard Farmer, Boone Olive Oil, Buttonwood Farms, Missouri Legacy Beef, Patchwork Family Farms, Peach Tree Farm, the Sage Garden, and The Veggie Patch!
The 2019 dinner menu included:
-Mixed green and seasonal veggie salad with house dressings
-Spinach and artichoke dip with toasted pita chips
-Cucumber barrels with olive tapenade & shaved parmesan
-Sugar cured watermelon shards with balsamic vinaigrette drizzle
-Smoked pulled pork street tacos
-Sweet and sour chicken strips
-Roasted BBQ meatballs
-Buttermilk cornbread diamonds
-Potato baby stuffed rounds
-Banana pudding tarts with caramel praline
We sell $5 raffle tickets (or 5 for $20) as a fundraiser for RFS. You put your purchased tickets towards the specific package you hope to win. Every year we round up lots of fabulous prizes often including, but not limited to: a bike from Walt’s (or $800 credit towards a bike of your choice), 2 weekend passes to Roots n’ Blues, concert tickets from the Blue Note, T/F Lux passes, and Ragtag Couch Club memberships! Raffle tickets are available from our Queens and at the bottom of the hill from our Bike Hops. Winners are drawn starting at 8:30pm, and you must be present to win!
HOW TO DAWDLE
If you have any questions about how this whole thing works, check out our handy HOW TO DAWDLE guide from the 2019 event!
You can also contact our box office staff at [email protected] with any questions. For more information about accessibility or to request accommodations, please contact Operations Director Carly Love at [email protected], or call us at: 573.442.8783.
It takes about 100 of our lively, loyal volunteers to make the Dawdle happen. From running registration and trailside surprises to hopping bikes up the switchback and loading the truck, our volunteers work up a sweat and then join the party! Benefits include admission to the party at Les Bourgeois, concert, and film. Bike Hop and Bike Loading team benefits include hours toward a 2022 True/False Volunteer Pass, too! Apply at volunteer.truefalse.org or email [email protected] for more information.