THE 2022 BOONE DAWDLE: SATURDAY, AUGUST 13
The Boone Dawdle brings together some of the best things in life—biking, music, food, nature, and film. It’s also a fun, outdoorsy way to show your support of Ragtag Film Society.
To dawdle means to take one’s time, to proceed slowly—and that’s a fine way to describe this lazy summertime expedition from our downtown Columbia home to The Blufftop at Rocheport. Most of us will leisurely ride our bikes along the MKT and Katy Trails, finding intriguing Trailside Surprises along the way such as the Advice Machine and many more—all accompanied by the sounds of busking musicians. (You can also choose to hop in your jalopy, or better yet, carpool to The Blufftop.)
Out at the Blufftop Bistro, before sunset, we’ll serve up a delicious local food picnic-style dinner (complete with beer, wine, and other drinks) and enjoy a concert. Once the sun has dropped, we’ll all kick back on the hillside to enjoy an outdoor screening of a new cinematic revelation under the stars, all while looking out over the Missouri River valley. Then it’s onto the buses and home: onto hanging out at Ragtag Cinema and waiting out the days until True/False!
RAIN PLAN: We anticipate that the bike ride portion of the event will take place rain or shine, but if the weather is predicted to be extreme, we may postpone the event. If we are rained out on Saturday, we’ll do the whole Dawdle on Sunday instead. In this case, we will inform all participants by 11am on Saturday; please note that we’ll inform participants via email and the True/False website and Facebook page.
Note: Whole Shebang and Party Pass prices increase by $10 as of 8/1/22
- 1-4pm Bike Clinic by Walt’s Bike Shop at Flat Branch Park
- 2-4pm Registration and bike ride departures from Flat Branch Park
- 6pm Doors open for the party at The Blufftop at Rocheport
- 6-8:30 pm Dinner buffet open
- 7-8:30 pm Concert
- 8:30-9pm Raffle drawing
- 9-10:45 pm Screening
- 10:45-11:15pm Q&A
- 11pm-11:45pm Shuttles depart from The Blufftop for Flat Branch Park*
- 12:30am Bike pick up closes at Flat Branch Park
*note, return shuttles do not run prior to 11pm
(Schedule is subject to minor changes)
- 2022: MILLION DOLLAR PIGEONS, dir. Gavin Fitzgerald
- 2021: THE NEUTRAL GROUND, dir. CJ Hunt
- 2020: WAITING FOR GUFFMAN, Ragtag’s 20th Birthday Party
- 2019: CIRCUS OF BOOKS, dir. Rachel Mason
- 2018: THE GOSPEL OF EUREKA, dirs. Michael Palmieri & Donal Moshar
- 2017: STRAD STYLE, dir. Stefan Avalos
- 2016: CONTEMPORARY COLOR, dirs. Bill & Turner Ross
- 2015: BREAKING A MONSTER, dir. Luke Meyer & prod. Tom Davis
- 2014: AN HONEST LIAR, dirs. Justin Weinstein & Tyler Measom
- 2013: LUNARCY, dir. Simon Ennis
- 2012: THE SOURCE, dir. Jody Wille
- 2011: LAST DAYS HERE, dirs. Demian Fenton & Don Argott
- 2010: BEST WORST MOVIE, dir. Michael Stephenson
THE FOOD AND DRINK
Several of our local partners will be featured along the trail and at the picnic at the winery. A huge thanks to our dear culinary contributors, and our partners in feasting – the culinary team at Les Bourgeois!!
The menu will include:
- Smoked pulled chicken with bbq sauce
- Baked beans
- Deviled eggs
- Macaroni salad
- Battered mushroom sandwich dipped in hot chili oil
- Roasted garlic Caesar salad
- Fruit salad
- Gooey Butter cake
Vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan options will be noted.
We sell $5 raffle tickets (or 5 for $20) as a fundraiser for RFS. You put your purchased tickets towards the specific package you hope to win. Every year we round up FABULOUS prizes often including, but not limited to: a bike from Walt’s (or $800 credit towards a bike of your choice), 2 weekend passes to Roots n’ Blues, concert tickets from the Blue Note, T/F passes, and Ragtag Couch Club memberships! Raffle tickets are available from our Queens and at the bottom of the hill from our Bike Hops. Winners are drawn starting at 8:30pm, and you must be present to win!
HOW TO DAWDLE
If you have any questions about how this whole thing works, check out our handy HOW TO DAWDLE guide!
You can also contact our box office staff at [email protected] with any questions. For more information about accessibility or to request accommodations, please contact Barbie Banks at [email protected], or call us at: 573.442.8783.
It takes about 100 of our lively, loyal volunteers to make the Dawdle happen. From running registration and trailside surprises to hopping bikes up the switchback and loading the truck, our volunteers work up a sweat and then join the party! Benefits include admission to the party at Les Bourgeois, concert, and film. Bike Hop and Bike Loading team benefits include hours toward a 2023 True/False Volunteer Pass, too! Applications can be found at volunteer.truefalse.org. Email [email protected] with any questions!
THANKS TO OUR PARTNERS
Ragtag Film Society and The Blufftop at Rocheport present: The Boone Dawdle
The Boone Dawdle is made possible in part by a generous donation from the Frank W. Morris Memorial Trust. Frank Morris was the owner and operator of Walt’s Bike Shop for over 30 years. Prior to his passing in August of 2020, he established the Frank W. Morris Memorial Trust for the benefit of not-for-profit organizations that provide opportunities for biking, bike instruction, hiking, trail development, trail maintenance, nature viewing, and camping. The trust is intended to continue and foster support for such organizations.