As we round the bend into 2015, we’re still looking for proposals exploring our new theme, “The Long Now”.
First, True/False is partnering with Imago Gallery & Cultural Center for a “The Long Now” juried exhibit to run January 6 – 30. We are looking for both 2D and 3D work, but you’ll need to act soon; the submission deadline is coming up on December 1. You can find all of the submission guidelines here. 10% of sales made during this exhibit will go to the True Life Fund, our annual fundraiser to benefit the subjects of a new nonfiction film.
Also, we’re looking for T-Shirt design proposals for the 2015 Fest. Find all of the details here. You’ll have a little longer as proposals are due January 6, 2015, but don’t wait too long. The new year will be here before you know it.
This enigmatic expression is yours to interpret, but here are a few prompts about what “The Long Now” could mean:
- How do you tell time without a clock?
- Time is on our side.
- How do you communicate with people 10,000 years in the future? 10,000 years in the past?
- The pyramids are to today, as _____ is to tomorrow.
- All documentaries are historical documentaries.
- What is the future of the timepiece?
- The number 12.
- Retrofuturism. Where is my flying car?
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- Geologic time v homo sapien time
- Time and tide will wait for no man.