The Boone Dawdle
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Tickets on sale June 1, 2015
The Boone Dawdle brings together some of the best things in life — biking, music, food, nature, and film. It's also a fun, outdoorsy way to show your support of True/False in the off-season.
To dawdle means to take one's time, to proceed slowly — and that's a fine way to describe this lazy summertime expedition from our downtown Columbia home to the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport. Most of us will leisurely ride our bikes along the MKT and Katy Trails, finding intriguing Trailside Surprises along the way such as the Advice Machine, a trailside carnival, and a doc-inspired celebration at the famous Bur Oak tree--all accompanied by the sounds of busking musicians. (You can also choose to hop in your jalopy, or better yet, carpool to Les Bourgeois.)
Out at the Blufftop Bistro, before sunset, we'll serve up a delicious local food picnic-style dinner (complete with beer, wine and other drinks), listen to one of our favorite new bands, and then, after the sun has dropped, we'll all kick back on the hillside to enjoy an outdoor screening of a new non-fiction revelation under the stars, all while looking out over the Missouri River valley. Then it's on to waiting buses and back home to wait out the days until True/False.
Returning for 2015 - The Mini Float Trip. Enjoy a 25-minute round-trip boat ride on the Missouri River with our friends from Missouri River Relief. Once you reach Katfish Katy's on your bike, you'll make your way down to the boat ramp, check your bike with our crew, then jump on a boat for a tour of the Big Muddy, which will include spectacular views of the limestone bluffs, eagles' nests, and prehistoric artwork, as well as insider knowledge about the river imparted by the River Relief crew. The Float Trip is limited to the first 100 folks who purchase a ticket.
- 1:00-4:00 pm Bike Clinic by Walt’s Bike Shop at Flat Branch Park
- 2:00-4:00 pm Registration and bike ride departures from Flat Branch Park
- 3:30-5:45 pm Float trips depart from Katfish Katy's (for Whole Shebang and Super Circle ticket holders who reserved a spot)
- 6:00 pm Doors open for the party at the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- 6:00-8:30 pm Dinner buffet open
- 7:00-8:30 pm Concert
- 8:30-9:00 pm Raffle drawing
- 9:00-10:30 pm Film screening
- 10:30-11:00 pm Q&A with director and/or subject
- 11:00 pm-11:30 pm Shuttles depart from Les Bourgeois for Flat Branch Park
- 12:15 am Bike pick up closes at Flat Branch Park
(Schedule is subject to minor changes.)
- 2014: AN HONEST LIAR, dirs. Justin Weinstein, Tyler Measom
- 2013: LUNARCY, dir. Simon Ennis
- 2012: THE SOURCE, dir. Jody Wille
- 2011: LAST DAYS HERE, dirs. Demian Fenton & Don Argott
- 2010: BEST WORST MOVIE, dir. Michael Stephenson
THE FOOD AND DRINK
Several of our favorite local producers will be featured along the trail and at the local foods picnic at the winery. Check out the 2014 menu and culinary sponsors here to get an idea of what's in store.
We sell $5 raffle tickets for an array of excellent prizes at the Dawdle. Last year's prizes included: a $650 bike from Walt's, Lux passes to T/F, $100 Hittsville package ($25 each to Ragtag, UpRise, 9th St. Video & Hitt St. Records), a one-of-a-kind Boone Dawdle edition bike messenger bag from Leif Labs, two tickets to Arrow Rock Lyceum Theater, a $100 package from Columbia Parks and Rec ($25 gift certifcate, 18 holes of golf with a cart, and one entry into the Bear Creek Half Marathon), a tour and tasting for 10 at Les Bourgeois, two season passes from Greenhouse Theatre Project, a King Suite and breakfast for two at the Courtyard Marriott, a local brewery merch package, massages from Moon Valley Massage, a $50 gift certificate from Kaldi's Coffee--and many more. Winners are drawn just before the film begins.
You can buy your raffle tickets when you purchase your tickets to the Dawdle on-line and pick them up when you check in at registration, or get them at the winery from one of our Queens.
HOW TO DAWDLE
You can also contact our box office staff at email@example.com with any questions.