The Boone Dawdle
AUGUST 13, 2016
Passes on sale June 1 - film TBA
The Boone Dawdle brings together some of the best things in life — biking, music, food, nature, and film. It's also a fun, outdoorsy way to show your support of True/False in the off-season.
To dawdle means to take one's time, to proceed slowly — and that's a fine way to describe this lazy summertime expedition from our downtown Columbia home to the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport. Most of us will leisurely ride our bikes along the MKT and Katy Trails, finding intriguing Trailside Surprises along the way such as the Advice Machine, a trailside carnival, and a doc-inspired celebration at the famous Bur Oak tree--all accompanied by the sounds of busking musicians. (You can also choose to hop in your jalopy, or better yet, carpool to Les Bourgeois.)
Out at the Blufftop Bistro, before sunset, we'll serve up a delicious local food picnic-style dinner (complete with beer, wine and other drinks), listen to one of our favorite bands, and then, after the sun has dropped, we'll all kick back on the hillside to enjoy an outdoor screening of a new non-fiction revelation under the stars, all while looking out over the Missouri River valley. Then it's on to waiting buses and back home to wait out the days until True/False.
The Mini Float Trip. Enjoy a 25-minute round-trip boat ride on the Missouri River with our friends from Missouri River Relief. Once you reach Katfish Katy's on your bike, you'll make your way down to the boat ramp, check your bike with our crew, then jump on a boat for a tour of the Big Muddy, which will include spectacular views of the limestone bluffs, eagles' nests, and prehistoric artwork, as well as insider knowledge about the river imparted by the River Relief crew. The Float Trip is limited to the first 100 folks who purchase a ticket.
- 1:00-4:00 pm Bike Clinic by Walt’s Bike Shop at Flat Branch Park
- 2:00-4:00 pm Registration and bike ride departures from Flat Branch Park
- 3:30-5:45 pm Float trips depart from Katfish Katy's (for Whole Shebang and Super Circle ticket holders who reserved a spot)
- 6:00 pm Doors open for the party at the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- 6:00-8:30 pm Dinner buffet open
- 7:00-8:30 pm Busker Concert
- 8:30-9:15 pm Raffle drawing
- 9:15-10:45 pm Film screening
- 10:45-11:15 pm Q&A with film guest
- 11:00 pm-11:45 pm Shuttles depart from Les Bourgeois for Flat Branch Park
- 12:30 am Bike pick up closes at Flat Branch Park
(Schedule is subject to minor changes.)
- 2015: BREAKING A MONSTER, dir. Luke Meyer, prod. Tom Davis
- 2014: AN HONEST LIAR, dirs. Justin Weinstein, Tyler Measom
- 2013: LUNARCY, dir. Simon Ennis
- 2012: THE SOURCE, dir. Jody Wille
- 2011: LAST DAYS HERE, dirs. Demian Fenton & Don Argott
- 2010: BEST WORST MOVIE, dir. Michael Stephenson
THE FOOD AND DRINK
Several of our favorite local producers will be featured along the trail and at the local foods picnic at the winery. View the 2015 menu & culinary sponsors here!
We sell $5 raffle tickets for an array of excellent prize packages at the Dawdle. The packages include: Lux passes to T/F, $100 Hittsville package ($25 each to Ragtag, UpRise, 9th St. Video & Hitt St. Records), a one-of-a-kind Boone Dawdle edition bag from Leif Labs, a tour and tasting for 10 at Les Bourgeois, massages from Moon Valley Massage, gift certificates from Kaldi's Coffee and Harolds Doughnuts, a YogaSol 10 class pass and yoga mat, a copy of the book "All Known Metal Bands", not one but TWO bikes from Walt's -- and more! Winners are drawn just before the film begins.
You can buy your raffle tickets when you purchase your tickets to the Dawdle on-line and pick them up when you check in at registration, or get them at the winery from one of our Queens.
HOW TO DAWDLE
If you have any questions about how this whole thing works, please read our handy HOW TO DAWDLE guide.
You can also contact our box office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.