Boone Dawdle 2013
Join True/False for the fourth annual Boone Dawdle on Saturday, August 17.
The Boone Dawdle brings together some of the best things in life — biking, music, food, nature, and film. It's also a fun, outdoorsy way to show your support of True/False in the off-season.
To dawdle means to take one's time, to proceed slowly — and that's a fine way to describe this lazy summer expedition from our cozy downtown Columbia home to the Missouri River, specifically the beautiful limestone blufftops of Rocheport. We're retaining the elements you loved from the first three years and interjecting some fresh surprises that will unfold over the course of the day.
Some of us will leisurely ride our bikes along the MKT and Katy Trails--finding intriguing spots to stop along the way while enjoying the sounds of T/F-style busking musicians--while others will hop in their jalopies or catch a shuttle to the Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois vineyards. Out there before sunset, we'll serve up a delicious local food picnic-style dinner, along with Schlafly beer, wine and other drinks, and listen to one of our favorite bands (it may be a festival favorite, or a newcomer to the True/False scene). And then, after the sun has dropped, we'll kick back on the hillside to enjoy an outdoor screening of a new non-fiction revelation, all while looking out over the Missouri River valley. Then it's on to waiting buses and back home to wait out the days until True/False 2014.
Tickets go on sale June 1 at 8:00 am. Check back soon for ticket descriptions.
(Subject to change)
- 2:00-3:00 pm Bike Clinic by Walt’s Bike Shop in the parking lot of Shiloh
- 3:00-4:00 pm Registration and bike ride departures from Shiloh
- 5:30 pm Shuttle leaves from Shiloh for Les Bourgeois for Party Pass ticket holders who reserved a spot
- 6:00 pm Doors open for the party at Les Bourgeois
- 6:00-8:30 pm Dinner buffet open
- 7:30-8:45 pm Concert
- 9:00-10:30 pm Screening of one of our new favorite docs
- 10:30-11:00 pm Q&A with filmmakers and/or subjects
- 11:00 pm-12:00 am Shuttles depart from Les Bourgeois for Shiloh