Want to work for the Fest? Here's your chance. We are currently accepting applications for open slots on our team of 40+ dedicated Core Staffers who bring the Fest from crazy idea to tangible reality.
If you're interested in applying, please email your resume and a brief introductory message to email@example.com. Indicate which job you are applying for, the dates you are available to work and reside in Columbia, MO, a short summary of your work experience and qualifications, and why you think YOU would rock the job.
Depending on the number of inquiries, we may not be able to respond to everyone, but we'll do our best. Compensation is dependent on final job description, qualifications, and time commitment. Employment is offered under an independent contractor agreement. The True/False Film Fest is dedicated to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Thanks for applying!
Office Manager: This talented multi-tasker keeps T/F HQ humming along by keeping the office and the staff organized. From filing to note-taking to taking out the trash, no job is too small for you, and you enjoy being the zen one in the middle of slightly organized chaos.
- Order office and cleaning supplies
- Keep the office clean and tidy (empty trash and recycling; vacuum; clean up after busy, stressed people)
- Take notes during meetings
- File papers and other important things
- Assist with bookkeeping and financial management
- Monitor and answer office voicemail and general info e-mail account
- Assist with passholder needs and special events
- General office support of festival directors and staff
- Ship merch orders and and do occasional retail sales at the T/F merch shop
- Emotional support as needed
- Other tasks as assigned in the heat of the moment
- 10-15 hours in December (total)
- 30-40 hours per week in January
- 30-40 hours per week in February
- 20 hours per week in March
- Must be completely available the week of the festival and the week after
- Working with festival director, select the types of merch to be given away and sold at the festival, as well as any designs to be included on merch
- Place all orders with suppliers
- Maintain and track inventory
- Keep the T/F merch shop stocked and organized
- Manage the merch budget
- Organize, set-up and manage three retail stations during the festival
- Oversee a team of 25-35 volunteers and 1 assistant
- 300 hours from late December through March 15
- Must be completely available the week of the festival and the Monday after